Interns and visitors come to Zip Zap for a variety of reasons. Each year we host a number of instructors, students and young professionals from all over the world, who wish to contribute their time and dedication to our organization while gaining new skills and experience to further their personal and career goals.
Current Internship Openings
· Circus instruction and performing arts education: teach circus, dance, music, theatre, improvisation, teaching techniques, music/video production and editing, human health and wellness, muscle conditioning, etc. to our youth and young adult learners.
· Public relations, media and communications: update our media file and our Customer Relationship Management system, design monthly newsletters, write press releases, prepare sponsorship reports, update our website, etc.
· Non-profit management: fundraising, data management, marketing, scheduling, reporting, financial management, etc.
· Art and design: design graphics, brochures and posters, create and record music, photo or video logs of our performances, etc.
· Community building: tutor and mentor our young students, assist our youth outreach initiatives, integrate our youth shelter into its local community, etc.
· Customer relation management
· Other: many interns come to us with their own ideas! Past interns have completed projects such as: researching and teaching the history of circus to our young adults, impact study on our beneficiaries, teaching healthy living classes, educating our staff about HIV/AIDS, helping our instructors to become better circus teachers, etc. Please feel free to contact us with ideas of your own.
Please note that virtually all internships include elements of social work, non-profit management and youth shelter management. Interns are expected to work at Zip Zap 5 days per week, with the option of planning holidays in conjunction with Zip Zap staff.
Assets for Potential Interns
· Motivation and drive
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Positive attitude and optimism
· English literacy (high for "office" interns, intermediate for "circus" interns)
· Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Internet)
· Adherence to Zip Zap Core Values: trust, respect, self-confidence, discipline, honesty, teamwork and responsibility
How to Apply
Internships can generally be arranged for any time of year. However, we recommend a minimum stay of 15 weeks. Please note that selection is competitive.