Advanced Circus Teaching ArtistSeptember 19, 2019
Zip Zap Circus School was founded in Cape Town in 1992, to inspire young people and help build a new culture of peaceful coexistence in South Africa. Working with a diverse community of children from all backgrounds, Zip Zap helps kids to ‘dare to dream’ and learn to make those dreams a reality. Zip Zap’s programs are all free to participants, with financial and material support coming from individuals, organisation, corporations and foundations.
Zip Zap seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to be based in Zip Zap Academy in Salt River, Cape Town.
Remuneration: Based on experience, yearly performance-based review
- Assessment of monitoring and evaluation plan and to identify gaps and or activities
- Further develop and implement qualitative monitoring and evaluation project frameworks
- Modify and/or design additional data management, collection and reporting systems, and monitor the progress thereof
- Modify and design our project database to capture all data required for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Facilitate training to capacitate Zip Zap staff to implement monitoring and evaluation strategy and analyse project activities
- Manage monitoring and evaluation function to ensure that project activities are implemented effectively and are fully aligned to meet indicators of action plan
- Assistance with data collection, analysis and preparation of reports
- Ensure that key learnings throughout projects are recorded
- Present analytical progress and evaluation reports throughout the year
- Ensure compliance of programme activities and or requirements
- Perform statistical analyses and write ad hoc reports for various projects
- Promote and facilitate information sharing of persistent quality barriers and best practices to accelerate learning and program improvement
- Obtain, evaluate, and interpret data in order to prepare clear and precise reports on quality management
- Coordinate regular quality assurance sessions and ensure that findings are shared with the program team
- Ensure implementation of programmes data management adheres to the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly program reports with reference to Quality Improvement and Monitoring and Evaluation activities including data reporting and success stories
- Strategic thinker and ability to assimilate information fast.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to generate and adapt creative ideas and solutions to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, giving attention to detail and maintaining a high standard of professionalism;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Diploma / Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation/Research, Development Studies or equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience in the development, analysis and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems within the NGO sector
- Demonstrated experience in building staff monitoring and evaluation capacity, including internal staff training
- Experience in knowledge management – ability to document, analyse, and disseminate information
- To apply submit your application to: Melanie Boltman, email@example.com with the following subject line: “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer application and your name”
APPLICATION SHOULD INCLUDE:
- CV not longer than two pages
- Personal Statement outlining how you meet the essential and desired qualifications
- A writing sample
- Contact information for three references