An exciting opportunity exists at Zip Zap Circus for a savvy, dynamic and passionate social media specialist with a solid understanding of the digital realm. Requires someone with impeccable editorial skills and well-versed in digital content best-practice and strategy. The ideal candidate must have a great attitude, be willing to roll up their sleeves, hit the deck running, have the ability to work independently and to make things happen
Remuneration: Based on experience, and annual performance reviews
Roles & responsibilities
- Contribute to the overall Marketing Plan
- Develop a social media strategy for Zip Zap South Africa, USA, France, aligned with Zip Zap communication plan
- Compile a social media content plan aligned to overall Marketing Plan and tactical opportunities
- Content creation across primary social media platforms and scheduling of posts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube)
- To significantly increase our following on primary social media platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook) – aligned with quarterly KPI’s
- A good understanding of Facebook, Instagram advertising and Google Ads to attract new audiences
- To engage in social community building by actively conversing with our audience and active monitoring of all posts. Our response turnaround time is currently 8 hours (1 day)
- Manage the internal communications and social media training for staff
- Creative writing for newsletters, media releases, social media platforms, video scripts, website, annual report
- Editing, proofreading, sourcing material, photographs
- Writing of blogs, contribute snippets to newsletter
- Manage Photography and videography – including caring for the equipment
- Manage the storing and naming of footage on Zip Zap server
- Ability to develop storyboards for Zip Zap videos
- Ability to do basic video editing using Adobe suite or alternative free software
- Support event planning, co-ordination, and execution
- Researching and presenting of innovative marketing opportunities
- Developing graphs, analytics, and research feedback for reporting
- Administrative support
- Open to other ad hoc roles & responsibilities
Strong and proven written and verbal communication, solid time-management, organisational and planning, creative thinking, works well under pressure, willingness to learn new skills, open to feedback, active participant in sharing ideas. A creative thinker who can bring fresh and innovative ideas to the table with the ability to translate them into reality. Ability to multitask and plan across a range of projects. A people person, with good problem-solving skills. Must pay strong attention to detail and have a solid work ethic. Strong understanding of Google and Facebook analytics and advertising.
Own transport essential.
How to apply
APPLICATION to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Application Social Media co-ordinator ”
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 9 October 2020
CV not longer than two pages
- Personal statement outlining how you meet the essential and desired qualifications.
- Contact information for two to three references, and the permission to contact them.
Should you not follow these exact instructions, your application will not be reviewed.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.