Zip Zap Circus School was founded in Cape Town in 1992, to inspire young people and help build a new culture of peaceful coexistence in South Africa. Working with a diverse community of children from all backgrounds, Zip Zap helps kids to ‘dare to dream’ and learn to make those dreams a reality using the circus arts as a medium. Zip Zap’s programs are all free to participants, with financial and material support coming from individuals, corporations, institutions, governments and agencies, trusts & foundations.
Zip Zap seeks to appoint a Fundraising Manager to be based at the Zip Zap Academy in Salt River, Cape Town to start in February or March 2021.
The Key Performance Areas of this new position include inter alia:
- Provide strong leadership and strategic management of all aspects of fundraising, communication and donor activities in regard to the organisation’s overall strategic direction and targets.
- Ensure that all facets of fundraising avenues are developed and maintained, inclusive of fundraising strategy development to fit the organisation 3 year strategy plan, and be able to motivate and develop the team to achieve objectives and goals.
- Identify training needs, and ensure that operating systems and equipment are in line with service.
- Be part of and contribute to the management team, reporting to the CEO and give input into strategic direction and planning.
- Keep abreast of local and international fundraising trends and methods and identify new opportunities for growth and funding development on a continual basis, working closely with the team to ensure that the department is able to keep up the high standards set within Zip Zap.
- Management of the fundraising team.
- A sound knowledge of programme and project planning as well as M&E implementation will be an added advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification and at least five years’ experience in a senior fundraising capacity
- Show a proven track record of generating funds in excess of R10m per annum
- Be knowledgeable in all forms of media and social media communication
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Have excellent presentation skills
- Have proven relationship building skills
- Have proven experience in writing high quality donor grant proposals and the ability to tailor to specific donor requirements within organisational strategy.
- Have a proven record of being able to network and fundraise within all levels of Government, Corporate and Individual Donors, Trusts and Foundations as well as high net worth individuals.
- Have a collaborative work approach in developing and implementing new fundraising initiatives to support the strategic intent and the culture of the organisation.
- Be a results-driven, self-starter with a strong strategic and creative capacity to formulate new avenues of fund generation, as well as critical analytical skills to drive change and measure development and success.
- Have a passion for youth development and performing arts.
- Have a high PC literacy level.
- Have a sound knowledge of related SA legal and financial requirements.
- Be in possession of an unendorsed drivers’ licence.
How to apply
Should you meet the above requirements, please submit a CV (3 pages maximum), together with a one-page motivational letter outlining your experience and how you fit the criteria, inclusive of your salary expectation as well as the contact details of 3 references. APPLICATION to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Fundraising Manager ”
Please note that any applications not including ALL of this information will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Further information about Zip Zap can be obtained from the website – www.zip-zap.co.za. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Midnight, 10 January 2021